16.07.23, 15:56 +0200, Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz via Postfix-users:

I run my home server under Rocky Linux 9. The server is modem / router and
as such has two firewall interfaces; internal and external.
My domain is wo-lar.com
Postfix and Dovecot are up and running, and I can send and receive emails
from CLI.
But I cannot connect from desktop clients. I get the following error
message: Server message: Can't connect to host "tcp://wo-lar.com:143"

I tried to telnet from my desktop and server. Results are the same

    - I always get a connection refused: telnet wo-lar.com 143 telnet /
    telnet <Server LAN IP> 143. On server only: telnet 127.0.0.1 143
    - telnet wo-lar 143 (without .com!) establishes a conenction
    [root@home wp.rauchholz]# telnet wo-lar 143
    Trying 79.152.236.25...
    Connected to wo-lar.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
    LITERAL+ STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.

I checked firewalld settings. Port 143 is open on my laptop as well as on
the server
I went through main.cf and verified myorigin, myhostname, mydomain,
myorigin. Domain is spelled correctly in all cases.
  Receiving mail: inet_interfaces is set yo all

All these postfix settings are of no relevance since you're trying to connect to (Dovecot's) IMAP port 143.

Where is the mistake hiding?

Probably in your dovecot configuration.

--
Regards