On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 11:02:23PM +0200, Benny Pedersen via Postfix-users
wrote:

> > cat access | wc -l
> >     2'294'583
> >
> > Yes me problem are that this file are to big for me little system
>
> will add more memory solve it ?
>
> local rbldnsd ?, dont know if postfix uses less ram for cidr then
> rbldnsd data does

I would expect that the real problem is that:

1. cidr tables are loaded into each smtpd(8) process.
3. Searching millions of entries slows SMTP transactions.

A CIDR table is simply not the right way to represent a blacklist with
O(2 million) IP addresses.  This is much better handled with "rbldnsd",
or just avoid doing this on resource starved systems.

https://web.archive.org/web/20230308041144/https://dilbert.com/strip/1995-06-24

--
    Viktor.