On August 15, 2023 7:05:32 AM GMT+02:00, Chad Lundquist via Postfix-users
<postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:
>I am getting legitimate emails REJECTED by postfix and I need to figure out a
>way to forward them or whitelist them from getting blocked.
>

>I am using PFLogsumm and see this:
>

>message reject detail
>
>---------------------
>
>  RCPT
>
>    450 4.7.1 <mailgate-smtp2-plw.apisswe.us-east-1.aws.alight.com>: Helo
> command rejected: Host not found; from=<03349...@alight.com>
> to=<u...@example.com> proto=ESMTP
> helo=<mailgate-smtp2-plw.apisswe.us-east-1.aws.alight.com> (total: 21)
>
>          21   amazonaws.com  (03349...@alight.com)
>

>What file do I edit in postfix to allow this message to flow and get delivered
>or whitelisted?

Do you by any chance have reject_unknown_helo_hostname in your
smtpd_*_restrictions in main.cf? This results in a reject, when the announced
helo name has no A/MX dns entry.
The host from your log message has no dns A entry.

--
Christian Kivalo