From: postgis-users [] On Behalf Of
Brent Wood
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 9:15 PM
To: PostGIS Users Discussion <>;
Subject: Re: [postgis-users] Problem extracting SQL Server Geometry (or, what
is the 0x character?)

Hey Ben...

Long time!

In the absence of a more elegant approach...

You could try the FDW query going via WKT rather than WKB - so deconstruct then

Minor overhead for a one-off transfer, perhaps more of an issue for a working

I use both fdw & OGR virtual data source to access data from Specify (MySQL) in
QGIS. Both work fine. Different sorts of issues with each. So fdw is not just
used for data transfers :-)