Hi,

My ETL process requires that I issue several long-running queries to
postgresql.  Queries like building indexes, updating SRIDs, that kind of thing.

My problem is that if the query takes too long to run, something over 5 minutes
(but I don't know the actual number for certain), then the query never returns.
 I've set the ConnectionTimeout property of the connection to 0, which I
understand is no timeout.  But the command is timing out anyway.  Often times I
can see that the command has completed successfully, by looking for the
presence of the objects the command is creating in pg Admin.  But the script
still hangs, because as far as it knows, postres is still processing it's
previous command.

Is there a default timeout setting that is global to a postgresql database or
server?

Thanks.

Aaron