Hi all,

I would like to ask, whether you are aware of any big performance
differences or any other serious reasons, why could shp2pgsql and
raster2pgsql be preferred over ogr2ogr and gdal_translate ?

From the users perspective, I can use both tools on similar manner and
have no problem with "complex" gdal data model and parameters options
and I would probably prefer the GDAL tools, since it allows me to
translate between various formats without specifically care, what they
are, while *2pgsql is always Postgres specific

Maybe one missing feature of the PostGIS native tools: is there
elegant way (besides of subprocess module), how to use them in
Python(3) environment?

Thank you for clarification

Jachym
--