From: postgis-users <postgis-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org> On Behalf Of Imre
Samu
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2023 10:02 AM
To: PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users@lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: Re: [postgis-users] PostGIS verse those in Azure Cloud

> As compared with PostGIS spatial operations, what are the advantages and
> disadvantages

> of various systems in Azure Cloud in terms of supporting further development.

see:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/orbital/geospatial-reference-architecture

The Azure Cloud has many features related to GeoSpatial.

One small part of this is "Azure Database for PostgreSQL (+ PostGIS)."

However, migrating to Azure Cloud can mean different things.
If someone specifically means MS SQL Server, then it's not ideal for PostGIS.
:-(

Regards,
 Imre

Shaozhong SHI <shishaozh...@gmail.com <mailto:shishaozh...@gmail.com> > ezt