Mike Toews wrote:
On 11 May 2010 12:04, Peter Willis <pwil...@aslenv.com> wrote:
How many dimensions is postgis WKT now expecting for 'POLYGON'?

OGC WKT has only 2 dimensions while EWKT has up to 4.

Ps.
I thought to search your mailing list archives but they don't appear
to be search-able. Is there any way to search the mail list archives
other than by downloading every compressed file and using
zcat and fgrep ?

You'd think it should be easy to do:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2008-December/022098.html

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the location of the mail list search.
(I must be blind <sigh!>)

I am entering 2D polygons so from where would postgis be warning
about EWKT entry? The error must be internal to the postgresql
library module. Is this a versioning problem between sub-libraries
of postgis?