Brian Hamlin wrote:

 I am importing several large shape files, into pg 8.4 postgis 1.5+
most went in fine, but the last one failed with an error regarding date fields.
At least one date field entry in the shape file apparently is "0"
pg complains, the conversion fails..
"Maybe you need different date settings" is suggested..

the database I am importing into already has 60+ tables..
I dont want to change settings on that database to accommodate..

suggestions on an efficient work-around?
thanks
  -Brian

Hi Brian,

Could you provide us with a shapefile/dbf file containing a few of the entries in question?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk