Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

Ah wait a second, you're right - I've been looking in the wrong place. It looks like there is still some (old) pgsql2shp code which hasn't been updated to use the new error handling, and hence it doesn't get propagated back up to the main function correctly :( Will fix later, as I have to head out now.

Okay - I've just committed a better fix as r5892 which makes sure that in the case of a 0 row result, pgsql2shp will terminate returning an error code of 1 (failure) as opposed to 0 (success) when dumping tables into shapefiles (serves me right for trying to fix things in a rush when I'm just about to head out). Denis, please can you try again after an "svn up"?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk