Thanks for the response Ben. I am accessing it through: http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\test.map&layer=all&mode=map
It just returns a blank png file.Currently, the table itself only contains one polygon, set with an SRID of 27700. The table has three columns in total, GID, name and the_geom. It was imported to postgreSQL using the shapefile and DBF loader. I can connect and get the polygon to display through QGIS without any issues through "adding a PostGIS layer" function. postgis.sql and spatial_ref_sys.sql have both been run. Is there anything else that might help? What do you require for me to attach the table definition? Thanks, On 27 April 2011 08:45, Ben Madin <[email protected]> wrote: > Graham, > > It looks OK to me. Although the brevity is good, it might help if you could > also attach the table definition - is it just producing a blank png image? is > it in the same projection etc...? How are you accessing it (ie through WMS, > mapscript or standard mapserver output). > > I've also copied this back to MapServer list... > > cheers > > Ben > > > > On 27/04/2011, at 3:26 PM, Graham Walker wrote: > >> Hi all, fairly new to all this. I was wondering if you could help me >> with the following issue. I can't seem to display my postgis table in >> mapserver. I can display shapefiles and html templates fine, but when >> I try to connect to my postgis table I simply get a white background >> (or whatever colour I set it as). >> >> I have managed to display postgis tables before in mapserver, but I am >> having no luck in this one and cannot see any differences. Both the >> shapefile and postgis table can display in qgis. My map file is listed >> below. I have intentionally tried to simplify this down to the basics >> so it has no projection details, etc at present. Any help would be >> greatly appreciated. Thanks >> >> MAP >> NAME "test" >> IMAGETYPE PNG >> SIZE 400 500 >> STATUS ON >> EXTENT 200949 883531 347001 979508 >> SHAPEPATH "C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\test" >> UNITS METERS >> END >> >> WEB >> IMAGEPATH "c:\ms4w\tmp\ms_tmp\" >> IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/" >> END >> >> #Region Polygons >> LAYER >> NAME "North" >> CONNECTIONTYPE postgis >> CONNECTION "user=postgres password=1 >> dbname=test host=localhost port=5432" >> DATA "the_geom from North" >> TYPE POLYGON >> STATUS DEFAULT >> CLASS >> STYLE >> COLOR 1 1 1 >> OUTLINECOLOR 1 1 1 >> END >> END >> END >> _______________________________________________ >> postgis-users mailing list >> [email protected] >> http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users > > _______________________________________________ > postgis-users mailing list > [email protected] > http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users > _______________________________________________ postgis-users mailing list [email protected] http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users
