xD,
You might just want to go the Yum Install route.

Here are a couple of articles we have written that may help.
Here is a newer article -- but installing PostGIS via Yum on 9.0
I haven't tried on 8.4, but should be pretty much the same instructions:

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/204-postgis15-install-yum.htm
l


If you want to compile from scratch here is step by step for PostGIS 1.5 on
CentOS
http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/147-Compiling-PostGIS-1.5-and
-installing-after-Yum-PostgreSQL-Install.html


Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Gabriel
Pinares
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 9:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [postgis-users] I can't find URL, WEB, PAGE where say HOT to
install PROJ4

Hi.

I can't find URL,WEB,PAGE where to install PROJ4 steap to steap

Any help please?

I am in Centos 5 with PgSQL 8.4

In http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/ I read:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Installation
You will want to install the PROJ4 4.6 (reprojection) and GEOS 3.2
(geometry) libraries before installing PostGIS...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ok, and how I start to install PROJ4 ?

Thanks

(My english is poor, native language = Spanish)

xD
_______________________________________________
postgis-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users


_______________________________________________
postgis-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users

Reply via email to