Placing a password in a script is somewhat less secure than something like:
 <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/libpq-pgpass.html>

(depending on which version postgres you are using).

HTH,

Greg Williamson





________________________________
From: Dheeraj Chand <[email protected]>
To: PostGIS Users Discussion <[email protected]>
Sent: Sat, May 7, 2011 1:12:34 PM
Subject: [postgis-users] shp2pgsql in a bash script question



:I have the world's dumbest question today. I am running a bash script that 
goes 
through several directories (and each of their several subdirectories) of 
shapefiles to run shp2pgsql and put them into the correct PSQL schema and 
table.  I'd like to be able to set it and forget it, so to speak, but each 
time, 
the shell is prompting me for the user's password. Is there a way to hardcode 
the password in?
[
4:06pm
] 

#!/bin/bash
for dir in BG CD CONCITY COUNTY COUSUB LINEARWATER PRIMARYROADS PRISECROADS 
RAILS ROADS STATE SUBMCD TABBLOCK
do
        ldir="$(echo ${dir} | tr 'A-Z' 'a-z')" >> download.log
shp2pgsql -s 4326 -p ${dir}/tl_2010_01_${ldir}10 public.${ldir} | psql -h 
localhost -d geotest -U uname -W pass >> load.log

done
[
4:07pm
]
Here is the script: http://pastebin.com/prWLzEtk:
_______________________________________________
postgis-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users

Reply via email to