On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 05:02:32PM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote: > On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 02:58:07PM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote: > > On 06/05/11 17:47, MUHAMMAD ASIF wrote:
> > >`/home/edb/AS90/postgis/postgis-1.5.2/postgis'cc +DD64 -Ae -E > > >-traditional-cpp postgis.sql.in.c | grep -v '^#'> postgis.sql.incc: error > > >1914: bad form for `-t' optionmake[1]: *** [postgis.sql.in] Error > > >1make[1]: *** Deleting file `postgis.sql.in'make[1]: Leaving directory > > >`/home/edb/AS90/postgis/postgis-1.5.2/postgis' > > > > > >To fix it, I just removed the -traditional-cpp option that is related to > > >GCC. Build seems fine. It can be compiled with non gcc compilers then why > > >is there option "-traditional-cpp" hard coded related to GCC. Thanks. > > > > I think Sandro was the person who did this part of the build system, so > > perhaps he may know? > > I see that actually -traditional-cpp flag is now handled by configure > script, so should likely be taken out from out use of it. > > I'll take a look. So, if I take -traditional-cpp out, I get tons of these: warning: missing terminating ' character Which is basically everytime a line ends before a quote is closed. That said, it'd surely be better not to use a "C" preprocessor for something which isn't "C"... --strk; () Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer /\ http://strk.keybit.net/services.html _______________________________________________ postgis-users mailing list [email protected] http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users
