Hi all
I'm migrating a thousand of dxf files to postgis.
After some test I was able to load 30% of my dxf and I was testing Quantum
Gis to load data.
Quantum recognizes the geometry column of the main table (entities) and
takes a lot to distinguish which geometry is in there. That is a mixed point
and lines column.
My idea is to query the layer column and create a view for any layer, this
way I hope that Qgis will read data much faster. Is that correct?
But, if the main geometry column remains accessible to Quantum my solution
will not work because qgis will fetch all the database instead of the views,
right?

If so, is there some way to hide the main/mixed geometry column?
Postgis 2/postgres 9
Thanks
Pietro