On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 4:30 PM, OpenStreetMap <t...@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

>  Unfortunately, these critical errors seem to be a result of multiple
>  conditions.

[...]

>  * 5. If the ADVANCED tab remains EMPTY or keeps the properties of the
>  PREVIOUS edit though you have added a pylon (with R), you have reached the
>  stage two steps BEFORE the crash happened (!!).

Well, I don't have steps to reproduce, but I encountered this during a
recent changeset. No matter what I clicked on, the Advanced panel
showed the same tags - but the way ID at the top changed when
selecting different things.

The first problem I noticed was in trying to delete TIGER tags -
deleting from the bottom upwards by pressing X the tiger uuid tag
disappeared, but then the tiger tlid one didn't. After that it got
stuck.

Interestingly, when I tried reproducing it I couldn't find any roads
where deleting the tlid caused an issue, but I've just realised my p2
instance is again stuck, this time with more TIGER tags deleted. I can
now confirm the Simple panel works properly when the Advanced panel is
"stuck" in this manner. In neither case was I merging ways, in the
second occurrence I was only selecting ways and pressing X to delete
tags - no other actions.

I'll post when I have steps to reproduce / run it in a debugger / a patch :-)

Cheers,
Andy