I notice the dropdown lists seem to support basic html markup in the
lists, but not when displaying the selected item.

I picked a way just that someone else had mapped and in simple mode
General Access shows as <i>Unknow... but in the dropdown list (and
I'm going to have to switch to an html email here) it shows as

Unknown: destination

Is this something worth noting in trac? I only generally use
Advanced mode so am not going to worry about it. In advanced mode
the way is tagged highway=residential access=destination

I guess there are two issues – the display of the <i> and that
access doesn’t know the destination option.

Ed