Does anyone have a step by step on how to get from GIT to a working version of
pound on ubuntu 18.04?  Sorry I am a noob to compiling and GIT...

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Leonhardt <l...@debian.org>
Sent: Friday, 22 February 2019 4:18 AM
To: pound@apsis.ch
Cc: ericr <erobi...@gmail.com>
12.0-RELEASE

Hi,

> Attached is the output of the make using clang and pound 2.8, it shows
> a number of warnings and a couple of errors, none of which I can
> figure out how to fix.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the problem is that pound 2.8 lacks support for OpenSSL 1.1. There are two
repositories on github with forks, they should work:

https://github.com/patrodyne/pound

https://github.com/graygnuorg/pound

Better would be an official release that supports current OpenSSL...

> Also, pound has no one to maintain it in the ports tree. It's in
> danger of being dropped from the FreeBSD ports collection.  I'd take
> it over, but lack the skill needed.

The same problem has hit the Debian package - the next Debian release will not
include pound. I was too late to reintroduce it in time before the freeze.

Regards,

Carsten