On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 07:19:59PM +0100, Hermann-Josef Wehner wrote:
> Dear pound - Users,
>
> I don't know, if I am using pound correctly, but in our environment, we
> set headers in the backends.
>
> So, in a config-file for apache  we have a stanza like this:
>
> > <VirtualHost *:443>
> >     ServerName my.server.com
> >

> >     Header always set Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=31536000;
> > includeSubDomains"
> >
> etc......

In my case, the backend is not running Apache.  It's running software that
I didn't write, in a language I don't know (ruby), using a custom port,
and it's doing its own port-listening and request-responding.  The
underlying software doesn't even support HTTPS, let alone HSTS, and I'm
trying to get Pound to wrap HTTPS around it.

I'm about 85% of the way there, which is probably good enough, but it feels
like HSTS (if I can turn it on) might be the missing key.

--hymie!