Hi Robert,

indeed, the package names in Debian are a bit confusing. Debian's
libpcre3-dev contains "pcreposix.h" and libpcre2-dev contains
pcre2posix.h. The latter, as you note, is not picked up by configure.

For the moment I'll disable linking to pcre in Debian unstable until
pcre2posix.h works automatically.

Thanks

Carsten