--- David wrote:

> -Might be happening now, but make sure the standard configuration
> characters are in the config without having to uncheck/check
> standard configuration (I know with upgraded configs, this was an
> issue with the beta).

I believe that by default �Use Standard Configuration� should be
ticked.

I understand that there are many users here who feel more comfortable
using their own set of escape and expression follows characters, etc.
but I feel that it's a good idea to simply expect a new user venturing
into scripts to learn it that way, and then change it if they feel
they need to.

This would have the advantage of not having to prepend a disclaimer
when replying to a simple question from a new user�� �I assume that
you are using Standard Configuration and that you know what it is...
if not then read the manual and if you choose not to use it then you
must substitute X for Y, etc...�.

> -Advanced setup button | Other tab | Enable "Replace %Environment
> var% thru out command" option. Is there a reason not to have this on
> by default?

Judging from the recent posts, it appears that this option actually
means �Replace %EnvVars% throughout _expressions_�. Regardless of
whether this is checked, it appears that it is appropriately
substituted for standard, expressionless PowerPro commands.

Perhaps the wording of this option should be changed to reflect that
if this is correct.

-- 

Alex Peters / Melbourne, Australia
PowerPro v4.1.00 / Windows XP



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/JV_rlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Attention: PowerPro's Web site has moved: http://www.ppro.org 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to