--- Sean wrote:

> I don't have Outlook, so I don't know what's going on with Outlook.
> But, I'm pretty sure that you have to use "handle" in this case.

Just a reminder that handles are only useful in one particular
instance.

When you ascertain the handle for Outlook's main window, that handle
will only be valid until Outlook is closed down. The next time you run
it, there's something like a 16,000,000-to-1 chance that it'll be the
same number again.

There are other ways of identifying Outlook's main window for certain;
this would require knowing the text of some of the window's static
controls.

Once this information is known, you can obtain a handle list of
windows that match the "=Outlook" caption list and then narrow that
list down to the only one to contain certain text at e.g.
Win.ChildTextByIndex(Handle, 4).

I wish I could help you further, but I don't use Outlook and so I
can't in this instance.

To further this with another example though, my configuration is set
up to automatically dismiss certain standard message boxes (all with a
class name of C=#32770) and a script I have written can differentiate
them all by checking Win.ChildTextByIndex(Handle, [3 or 4]).

Hope this helps in some shape or form!

-- 

Alex Peters / Melbourne, Australia
PowerPro v4.1.00 / Windows XP



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/JV_rlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Attention: PowerPro's Web site has moved: http://www.ppro.org 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to