--- I wrote:

> Perhaps I could poll the parameters string for one ASCII character
> that simply isn't used in the string, but what if by some chance this
> string actually uses all 256 ASCII characters?

> I suppose that this is a very far-fetched scenario. Even though, is
> that the only choice I have�� searching the string for a character
> that does not occur, and then wrapping that character around the
> string and prepending a question mark?

Assuming that it is, here's the code for it:

; ---

Local ScriptName = ?_ARB_
Local Alias = ?_ProcessThisText_
Local Parameters = ?_Do I have a "hamburger" of sorts? |'`/\*_

For(Local DelimCode = 2; DelimCode < 256; DelimCode = DelimCode + 1)
    If(Not(Index(?" 10 13 19 32 ", ?" " ++ DelimCode ++ ?" "))) Do
        Local DelimChar = Esc(?"\D" ++ Fill(?"000", DelimCode), ?"\")
        If(Not(Index(Parameters, DelimChar)))
            Break
    EndIf
EndFor

; --- all one line below
Win.Debug(?"String does not contain character", DelimChar, ?"(ASCII code", DelimChar 
++ ?")")
; --- all one line above

; --- all one line below (would actually be Do() and not Win.Debug())
Win.Debug(?"." ++ ScriptName ++ ?"@" ++ Alias ++ ?"(?" ++ DelimChar ++ String ++ 
DelimChar ++ ?")")
; --- all one line above

; ---

I'll use this code for now unless someone can offer a more aesthetic
piece of code that is as reliable.

I do understand that a script is much more valuable when it is easy to
understand, but I'm afraid I will always value reliability over
ease-of-understand...ment, and so I will probably leave it at that. I
will of course comment the code as much as possible.

--

Alex Peters / Melbourne, Australia
PowerPro v4.1.00 / Windows XP



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/JV_rlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Attention: PowerPro's Web site has moved: http://www.ppro.org 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to