--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Alan Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Paul Gardner wrote:
> > Any Ideas?
> 
> I presume in your script you will be replacing
> > win.debug("Load Hot Keys")
> and
> > win.debug("UnLoad Hot Keys")
> with a Configure ImportHot command
> 
> and create two .ini files to increase/decrease the set of hotkeys.
> Any hotkey not present in a set you import is removed from the
> memory list of all imported hotkeys.

That is the plan, yes.  However, if this problem persists, I'll need
to investigate other options.

> For a different approach: Is it necessary to use
> a HookWindowsEvent triggering a Configure ImportHot command
> rather than just creating two sets of hotkeys with a target
> window of Outlook or Firefox (I'll leave you to correct the
> CaptionList parameter for the context window for each of them).
> Because they are context hotkeys they can be permanently in your pcf.

Actually, the hot keys don't have anythig to do with Outlook or
FireFox.  They are the merely the two applications I was using the
last time PP went to 100%.  I believe the problem lies with Outlook,
but don't know how to narrow down the specifics given the time frame
involved.

Using the HookWindowsEvent isn't necessary, no.  That's just the
solution I'm current pursuing in my quest to have a hot-key
specifically for entering user id/password info into various login
boxes that doesn't get in the way otherwise.  

I'm sure I'm overthinking the solution, but it should be possible
given my limited understanding of PP scripting.  My next option is to
set up a single hot key that checks for certain command lists to be
visible or activated (I haven't researched this yet, but I suppose it
should be possible) and executes the key commands contained in the
first list item of that command list.  I have some emails saved (from
you actually) with some pointers that may assist me in that particular
method.

I definitely don't want multiple hot keys (1 per login dialog box),
and I'd rather not have the values in two places (command list and hot
key) as they change frequently.

Paul





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/JV_rlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Attention: PowerPro's Web site has moved: http://www.ppro.org 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to