--- In [email protected], "brucexs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has to be on two lines
> if (result eq 0)
> myplugin.unload

Hi, Bruce, and thanks.  Is that true of all "if () ..." statements
that lack "do" ... two lines required?

> 
> > >   if (result eq 0) do
> > >     myplugin.unload
> > >   *enddo
> 
> 
> Should be endif, not enddo.  Not sure why you did not get an error 
> message.

I think that was just a posting error (I'm used to 4NT's "DO ...
ENDDO") and wasn't actually present in the script.

FWIW ... the 4NT command interpreter (www.jpsoft.com) comes with a
utility, SHRALIAS.EXE, whose sole purpose is to keep open a few (up to
four) memory-mapped files even when there are no instances of 4NT
running.  That way, global lists (command history, directory history,
aliases, and user-defined functions) are preserved and don't need to
be saved and reloaded with each instance of the shell.  Since I start
both PowerPro and SHRALIAS at logon and never stop them, I've written
a PPro plugin, SHRALIAS.DLL, to replace the separate SHRALIAS.EXE
process ... no real additional capability for either product, it just
cuts down (by one) the number of processes for those who routinely use
both products.  If there's interest, I could make the plugin available
when it has been thoroughly tested.

 - Vince







------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups.  See the new email design.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/JV_rlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Attention: PowerPro's Web site has moved: http://www.ppro.org 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to