--- In [email protected], "qzzyyx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> This is an age-old question.  I have a PPro button to start CMD.EXE
> (or NOTEPAD.EXE, et c.).  If I press it twice, I get two CMDs.  If I
> immediately exit the second CMD, the first one does not become the
> active window.  In fact, no window seems active I must somehow make a
> window active before I can continue working.  This is in contrast to
> the Winndows Start/Run dialog.  If I use Start/Run to start two CMDs
> and immediately exit the second, then the first becomes the active
> window.  Where did foreground/focus go?  Thanks.

After some testing I can be more precise.  The button I push is on a
(shown as bar) list called "MainBar".  After exiting the second CMD
mentioned above, focus goes, according to GetForeGroundWindow(), to
the window with class "PowerProToolBar" and caption "MainBar".  It's
not supposed to do that, is it?  It's a somewhat dangerous situation
... if I press <Alt-F4>, MainBar disappears!

This is also in contrast to what happens if, instead of using a tool
bar button to start CMD, I use an entry on a menu shown by a tool bar
button.  In this case, focus goes to the first CMD if I immediately
exit the second (even though the tool bar did have focus in between).

 - Vince





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
See what's inside the new Yahoo! Groups email.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/JV_rlB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

Attention: PowerPro's Web site has moved: http://www.ppro.org 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to