Not sure if I've put this ugly script out there, but it's the only way I've
found to re-encode my podcasts at fast speed so I can listen to them almost
twice as fast (they talk fast, but not high-pitched like chipmunks). I've
been using it a year or two and don't have too problems. Just don't trigger
the script when you're going to be working on the computer because it will
continually be stealing keyboard focus :)

It's a delicate script, and requires pre-setup in foobar before it'll work.
It only works with foobar 0.8.3 not the newest version.
You have to:
- Install and setup foobar 0.8.3
- Enable SoundTouch (and possibly install it) under the DSP manager.
- Under Soundtouch enable the tempo adjust and set the amount of speeding up
you want (I have mine at 59%)
- Under diskwriter uncheck "Always ask before writing" and Check "Same as
source file directory"
- Under the Diskwriter have the "output file name formatting" be: 
!1%_filename%
- Set the lame output quality to your liking (I have 128big vbr with the
parameters of "--preset 128 - %d" )
- Under Diskwriter, Processing section enable "Use DSP"

Then you can download the script from:
ftp://powerpro.dyndns.org/uploads/ppscripts/mp3.powerpro

Use the command:
[EMAIL PROTECTED](?"C:\My Documents\My Music\My Received Podcasts")
To process files. 

!!!!!!!!!!NOTE: It processes all .mp3 (and .wma I think) files in the
directory AND SUBDIRECTORIES, deleting the original file so be careful. 

Once you run it, you know that the file has been sped up because it renames
the file by adding a !1 to the front of it and won't process those files
again for speeding up so you can run it on folders as many times as you want
and it'll just speed any one file up once.

If someone else has a better method for speeding up sound files in batch
form, or re-writes the script for the newer foobar please post it back to
the list :)

David Troesch  |  Atlanta, GA  |  ICQ# 2333123
"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who
dream only by night."
Funstuff: If you're too open minded your brain will fall out.

Reply via email to