--- In [email protected], "brucexs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "Owen Watson" <o.m.watson@> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks.
> > 
> > Interesting: as soon as I get scriptrace going, no crash.
> > Once I stop it. . . crash!
> 
> 
> Is this script in a file?
> 
> If so, try executing exec.scriptcache("off") before running 
scripttrace.
> 
> My guess, if the script is in a file, is that caching has 
introduced 
> timing changes that activate some bug or limitation in PowerPro.  


After I posted this, I realize I can contradicted myself in the sense 
that if it really is timing issues caused by caching, then turning 
caching off will just remove the the crashes without finding the 
issue.

But if turning off caching (yielding 4.7 behavior) does not cause you 
performance issues, that may be enough for you.

You will only see significant performance improvements from caching 
if you use a lot of functions and call them frequently.

If you do want to try to keep caching, you may want to experiment 
with a gate in the inner function call in your script and then, if 
that does not help, in the outer call as well.



Reply via email to