Bruce,

Many thanks. I will experiment some with this.

Phil

--- In [email protected], "brucexs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "philipp_l_kiefer" 
> <philippkiefer@> wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way to check this via PowerPro / a dll / plugin? I want
> > my MouseTrap hotkeys to do different things based on whether text is
> > currently selected or not.
> 
> No, not in general.  That is because there is no general way to ask a 
> window running in another process what if any text is selected in its 
> window.
> 
> If you only talk to certain programs, and if the window you want to 
> query is a standard Windows Edit control class window, then you could 
> use the sendmessage command to get the selection points.
> win.SendMessage(edit_handle, em_getsel, 0,0)
> should return a special value if no selection (maybe 0 -- I have not 
> tested), and other values otherwise.
> 
> em_getsel = 0xb0
> You can check the class of an underlying window with exec windowinfo.
>


Reply via email to