quantiworks wrote  (on 28.03.2008 15:10):
> I've played with the positions and for now I've the buttons in the right
> caption bar but what I really want is the toolbar area like seen
> here:

Ah, my archaic config :o It's nothing but a visual trick. Look at the 
"IExplorerExtrasBar-ActualDummyButtons.png" and you'll see there are 6 
unused buttons to the left of back button. The ones in 
"IExplorerExtrasBar-Tooltip-1.png" are simply overlayed on top of it. 
Here is how:

- Capture the original toolbar with the exact amount of dummy buttons 
and layout you want to have
- Replace each icon with yours with a graphics program
- Create a "Left/Right Caption" bar with horizontal/vertical offsets.

In fact, you're actually very close to it :) Alternatively you can use 
skins to get a customizable number of buttons and separators.

Yet I wouldn't recommend using this setup for heavy file management, 
since the buttons are displayed only if the window is activated first; 
I'd found that tedious. There are lots of free and/or installation-free 
file managers out there: http://www.softpedia.com/get/File-managers/
I personally use Directory Opus (no freeware); it's "the PowerPro" under 
file managers and can also do eye-candy.

Reply via email to