--- In power-pro@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <sheri...@...> wrote:

> Need more time for testing, but I ran some preliminary tests on mark and ucp
> and they seem to be working. A couple of quibbles:

> We said the PCRE_UCP option would be ucp. Any good reason it became usp
> instead of ucp? If just a typo, please fix it, as is its counter-intuitive.

Typo.  Will fix next week.

> Ditto for short form of mark, we said capital K, but it became little k.

Will fix next week.

> The short form is working in space separated variation of options, but not
> working currenting in an option cluster.

Yeah, I know why that would be.  Will fix next week.

> > Er, okay, not entirely sure I understand why *MARK can be meaningful for a
> > non-match, but who am I to quibble?

> Feel the same way.

Okay, we're just following the docs.

> Ya, up to the user to take note of whether he/she is dealing with a match. In
> pcreReplaceCallback, the callback routine always will be. I suppose one also
> better thoroughly test out any pattern they develop in connection with mark,
> because in the docs, there are many caveats. Haven't tried it yet with
> pcreReplaceCallback.

Ok, whenever.

> > Would it make sense to try to retrieve *MARK name when
> > resultPostNoMatchAnchored comes back (if that doesn't mean
> > anything to you: and after all this time it doesn't make much
> > sense to me: lemme know and I'll go find out how I determine
> > resultPostNoMatchAnchored)

> I'm mystified, sorry. You would need to define resultPostNoMatchAnchored.
> Maybe that is connected with the plugin advancing the start position and
> retrying a match, in a multiple match operation. ?

Hey, you think _I_ know.  But I will, once I go back and read the code.  I
hope.  Can I understand myself?  Stay tuned.

> If the plugin always copies the mark string, after each exec when the mark
> option is set, it sounds like a lot of probably useless activity during a
> multiple match operation - but this is at the user's discretion. When to
> clean out or initialize regex_mark, I'm not sure. Maybe once at the start of
> a regex.pcreFunction regardless if the mark option is set. ? Or should this
> too be the user's responsibility?

Ah, hadn't though of that.  I think maybe leave it to user, it's just a one
liner for them.  I probably shoud clear it just before beginning a
regex.pcreFunction when the mark option _is_ set though.
That's when it's expected that regex_mark will be meaningfuil, and if I just
leave old value hanging around, and no *MARK:NAME in encountered, regex_mark
will have a value where it shouldn't.