In a message dated 2/27/03 4:49:23 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
Will this thing work in the PowerBook 190cs?

Yes, but you'll have to go to the USR (NOT 3Com) web site to find the
required modem script.

You will most likely need the all-encompasing "V.90 Modems" script.

Check for the USR code, such as XJxxx6, where xxx=a sub-model code, to ensure
that the V.90 script is the correct one. It probably is.

I've used a wide variety of USR cards in my 190s and 5300s, some branded
"Dell" or others, but most branded "USRobotics" or "Meahertz", and all work
very well with the "V.90 Modems" script.

These are probably the best PCMCIA modems out there.