This is a quirk with OSX on the wallstreet, and your PRAM battery is also probably bad.

Boot into OS9 (8 might work too), then boot into OSX, and that should fix it until you
powerdown again.

If it isn't remembering the date & time, and also has trouble with powerup from
battery, then your PRAM battery is probably bad.