My Reply follows quote. On 01/12/2004 07:33 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>A friend's PowerBook HD died and as he is upgrading to iMac
>I may "inherit" it. He says it is a G3 but doesn't know more.
>
>Numbers on the back read: 14.1TFT/233MHz-512K/32MB/2GB HD/4MB video/CD/Modem.
>
>I can make sense of everything but the 14.1TFT.
>
>Does this number ID the PowerBook?
>
>Thanks.
>Cliff
------------
The 14.1TFT refers to the display (14.1 inch diagonal screen,
Thin Film Transistor type of display).

The computer is one of the G3 Series, sometimes (frequently?)
referred to as a "Wallstreet." It looks to me like it should
be a "Wallstreet II" configuration.

There were so many different configurations of the G3 series,
that the only to "ID" the powerbook is through the serial
number on the bottom. However, this number is/was on a sticker
that often peeled off, leaving you no way to tell Apple which
machine you had.

So, You would have to find the info yourself.

There is a serial number inside the PC card slot. This is the
serial number of the logic board.

There is a serial number on the inderside of the processor card.
This is the serial number of the processor (duh!).

You can get the RAM comfiguration from Apple System Profiler.

>From this info, someone with the service manual can giver you
more specifics of the machine.

Ken