On Tue, Aug 23, 200510:44 PM, the following words from Larry Samberg
[EMAIL PROTECTED], emerged from a plethora of SPAM ...

>I can't tell if this is supposed to be easy or hard ... but I can't do it :)
>
>Can anybody tell me the applescript steps to simply copy the text source
>of a message to the clipboard?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Here's one way to do that:

to putOnClipboard from the textGiven
   set the clipboard to the textGiven
end putOnClipboard

tell application "PowerMail 5.1"
   set the msgList to the current messages
   set the targetMsg to (the first item of (the msgList))
   set the msgSource to the targetMsg's source
   putOnClipboard of me from the msgSource
end tell

--
Death is not the worst evil, but rather when we wish to die and cannot.
- Sophocles:Electra, 1007.