It appears that on 16/7/04 at 10:02 am PowerMail Engineering spake thus:

>Pat O'Halloran wrote:
>
>>I have my limit set to ten days and this works fine normally but if I've
>>had a message in another folder for some time then send it to trash it
>>seems to remain there regardless of the number of times
>>PM is restarted.
>
>The message is supposed to be deleted when you quit PowerMail, and the
>message is in the trash for 10 days or more. So if you put in the trash a
>message you have received 15 days ago, it will still be deleted in 10 days.
>

>Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

Ah, so it is timed from when it goes into the trash, not from when I
received it - my misunderstanding.
I was thinking that a message three weeks old would be deleted
immediately after being placed in the trash.
 Thanks.

--
Pat O'Halloran http://www.danu.co.uk
He would have to learn the hard way. The problem with