Marlyse Comte sez:

>In my opinion this is plenty to KNOW that something went wrong.

Mine works this way, as well. I have not upgraded to v5.x yet, so if
there truly is a change, it'll be interesting to see what is happening.
Otherwise, it sounds exactly like what happens to me: a message doesn't
go out and stays in the Out Tray with a warning sign. I double-check it,
maybe even check connectivity for my SMTP server, and then if all looks
well I CTRL-CLICK the message and send it again. I prefer this rather
than have my system possibly tied up by an overzealous mail program
trying to send email that isn't going to go through for whatever reason
(bad address, bad server, etc.).

--
Michael Lewis
Off Balance Productions