I have PM set-up to open the Recent Mail window whenever I get new mail.
 I also have a Mail action which files mail addressed to my wife in her
folder on my machine and then redirects it to her own real address.  As
she uses her computer less than I do, she asks me to let her know if/when
mail has been sent on to her.

I had a similar arrangement in Emailer.  Under it, her mail, which was of
course unread, remained bolded (as did her folder name) until it had been
opened (or marked as read).  This allowed me to see at a glance that she
had mail.

Under PM the mail actiuons work as intended but her mail/folder is not
bolded.  It also does not show in the Recent Mail window.  This means
that I have to look for it deliberately.  Sometimes I suffer a senior
moment and fail to look ....

Is this a bug or feature?  More important, is there a way to make sure
that mail 'actioned' in this way, stays marked 'unread'?

-- Charles