I agree with Barbara on this one.  I send hundreds of business emails
every week with Claris Emailer and soon with PowerMail as I migrate my
business over the next month. I can count on one hand the legitimate
recipients over the years who said to me, "I didn't receive that email."
 As for bounced email, I do get immediate information that a user doesn't
exist, etc. Return receipts are a glut on the network and an invasion/
invitation to spammers.  Many companies block return receipts because of
those concerns.

The powerful tools and superior usefulness of PowerMail certainly make it
a better choice for me and my business than Entourage or Eudora. I would
not select an email client on a feature like return receipt that can be
so easily bypassed or defeated.

Jaede Miloslavich

>Paolo Russo on 3/16/03 said
>
>>Thanks for the answers.
>>
>>I begin to suspect that PowerMail has not this feature that other
clients have (Eudora, Musashi, Entourage...).
>>I don't know if CTMDEV folks follow this list, but I can say that the
lack of this feature will prevent my enterprise from making PowerMail our
default e-mail client (though it will not prevent me from using it with
satisfaction). In a business environment it is mandatory (or simply
>>useful) to have the certainty of the reception of your messages
sometimes.  Certified mail services will do it in time, but meanwhile "return
>>receipts" are the best widely available solution.
>
>The trouble is with using "return receipts" [which I don't like] is that
any receiver can set up their e-mail to block it anyway, so what's the
point? --