Jerome:

Disk verified; no problem there. PM was working for a while then
suddenly "unexpectedly quit" again; now cannot reopen.

Following your advice, I have tried to remove message db, address db,
setup and server-side db from PowerMail Files but I find I cannot do
so. When moving to anothr folder, they simply copy. It is impossible
to try to reopen PM to see which, if any, is corrupted.

What can you suggest?

I did manage to export some folders to the PM Exchnge format but PM
quit before I could import them to a new database. I'llhold them
until able.

Judith Beiss
OS X 4.3.6 PM 5.2.2, Power Mac G4