Yes, I'd love this feature as well. Way back in the day before I
switched to PM I used Eudora and I found it surprisingly useful.
Often I receive emails that I can see, from the text spacing, were
composed using a fixed width font -- generally because the sender was
dividing text into columns, eg. for a price estimate.
In those situation it would be nice to be able to see what they wanted
me to see without having to do a lot of opening, changing and saving
preferences (and then changing and saving them again when I'm done).

Rick

--
G5 2GHz x2  ::  2GB RAM  ::  10.4.7  ::  PM 5.5b2  ::  3 pane mode

Shark Attack: A Design Studio
<www.sharkattack.co.uk>