powermail-discuss Digest #2549 - Wednesday, January 24, 2007

  Odd SMTP error
          by "Charles Watts-Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Odd SMTP error
From: "Charles Watts-Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:59:03 +0100

I have recently started getting this message from the smtp server that I use:

'Unexpected error on "sasl.smtp.pobox.com"
Class='NetC',what=1,when=6,err=268435556'

Ir arises after the email appears to have been sent (the blue bar is
full).  PM will generally wait for several minutes before reporting it.
Normally the email goes through OK later.  I have not had this trouble
with my mac.com account although my wife does using PM 4.2.1 (OS
9.2.2).  I have raised it with pobox.com which claims that my email logs
are normal and suggests that I'm seeing a PM problem.

At first glance it is not an ISP problem as I have set my smtp
connection to Port 587 and still have problem.

I'd appreciate any ideas please.

-- Charles

PM 5.5.3 - Intel iMac - OS 10.4.7

End of powermail-discuss Digest