powermail-discuss Digest #2550 - Thursday, January 25, 2007

  Negative unread messages in the inbox
          by "Robert Snyder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Negative unread messages in the inbox
From: "Robert Snyder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:06:41 -0500

Hi,

In the past two weeks I have started to experience the strangest thing.
Having read all the messages in my In Tray, the In Tray will continue to
remain bold, and where the number of messages in the box and number of
unread messages is shown, it will show something like "933 messages, -3
unread"

The only way that I can make the -3 unread and the bold In Tray go away
is to compact my mailboxes. When that completes, there are no new unread
emails in the inbox, and unread and bold are gone.

I am using version 5.5 build 4456 on my Intel Macbook Pro with 10.4.8
and 2GB of RAM.

Robert Snyder
Outreach Technology Services
The Pennsylvania State University