A-NO-NE Music sez:

>P.S.  Does anyone know what the hell is going on with .mac last 3 days?
>I can't ping, I can't traceroute, PM reports POP not there, but web
>access is still OK.  According to Traceroute, it stops at San Jose so it
>isn't my problem.

A lot of servers block access to some of these things so they don't get
overloaded with them.

I personally have been receiving mail from .Mac mail fine, although I
use Mail to handle my .Mac account to keep it totally separated from the
majority of my mail being handled through PowerMail.

Aha! The difference there would be my Mail is using an IMAP connection
to .Mac. Maybe they had POP issues?

System status from the .Mac homepage (once you login) shows:

--
Michael Lewis
Off Balance Productions