powermail-discuss Digest #2575 - Wednesday, March 7, 2007

  Scripting Questions
          by "Don V. Zahniser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Warning madness
          by "A-NO-NE Music" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Scripting Questions
From: "Don V. Zahniser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 09:34:41 -0500

Hi, all -

I would like to create a couple of scripts in PowerMail using the Find
function.  I've taken a quick looked the dictionary, but don't see
anything obvious.  I _am_ an AppleScript newbie/idiot, so maybe it's
just me...

What I want to do is create AppleScripts using Find that emulate Smart
Folders.  For example:

1) A script that will find/display all messages with a specific label
anywhere in the database.  I have a label (ToDo) which is automatically
set by some filters, and sometimes manually, to keep track of things I
have to do at some later time.  I also want to have these messages
remain in their respective folders.

2) A script that will find/display all unread messages, for those times
when my cat shuts down my computer (No, I am NOT kidding!) which defeats
the Recent Mail window.

I can do these things manually and easily with the Find function now,
but it would be nice to automate them...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

 - Don

--