powermail-discuss Digest #2606 - Friday, April 13, 2007

  Re: Error -199
          by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: Error -199
          by "PowerMail Engineering" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: Error -199
          by "Richard Hart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: Mail Accounts
          by "Dave N" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Turning indexing on
          by "Alan Harper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: Mail Accounts
          by "Rick Lecoat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: Turning indexing on
          by "PowerMail Engineering" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Error -199
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:18:48 -0700 (PDT)

It seems to be neither a "User Prefs" problem, nor a volume read problem.
The error travels with the folder, not with Preferences.
Command-option launching PowerMail and checking all the boxes to rebuild
everything returns the same Error -199.

I have:
DriveSTUP/~/Mail/PowerMail Files/
DriveBKUP/~/Mail/PowerMail Files/

DriveSTUP is my Startup drive.
DriveBKUP is a backup that is 1 week old.

PowerMail opens the one on DriveBKUP OK, whether I start up from either
drive.
PowerMail throws an Error -199 when I try to open the one on DriveSTUP,
whether I start up from either drive.
PowerMail throws an Error -199 when copy the problem mail folder from
DriveSTUP to any other rdrive, including DriveBKP.

If something is corrupt, what is it?
Is there any way to recover that database?

From: "PowerMail Engineering" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:44:15 +0200

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>PowerMail throws an Error -199 when I try to open the one on DriveSTUP,
>whether I start up from either drive.
>PowerMail throws an Error -199 when copy the problem mail folder from
>DriveSTUP to any other rdrive, including DriveBKP.

If restoring "User Prefs" from DriveBKP did not work, try to remove the
"Custom Scripts" folder (unless if it is empty) or the "PM2 import
status" file, if it is present. You can also check you drive with Disk
First Aid, but I am not sure if it checks corrupted resource files.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

   "Powermail soon became the most indispensable program in my life, and
    now that I've upgraded to the newest version, I'm pleased to report
    that it's gotten even better."
  PowerMail user comment on www.versiontracker.com

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com

From: "Richard Hart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>