powermail-discuss Digest #2626 - Sunday, May 6, 2007

  Re(2): bcc not consistently working
          by "Ken Pope" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re(2): bcc not consistently working
From: "Ken Pope" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 20:50:02 -0400

>That's a lot of BCC's. A lot of the new SPAM filters will also trigger
>with this many BCC recipients. I would check with the server admin of
>your ISP or the person in charge of your network and make sure they
>don't enforce any limits on BCC recipients.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I double-checked with my ISP and because I
have a business account, there is no limit on the # of bcc recipients I
can send to.  I have my own home network and I didn't set a limit.
Thanks for prompting me to check these kinds of potential sources for
the problem.

Ken

From: "Ken Pope" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 20:44:07 -0400

>was there ANYTHING special about these 2 messages?

If there was, I sure couldn't spot it.  All messages are in ascii (no
HTML) & without attachments.  These 2 didn't seem longer or to differ
from the others in any way that I could see.

>if not, the only thought I have on this is that maybe PM has a limit as
>to how many BCC's it can take and you have gone past that limit and the
>"overflow" is causing a bug?
>
>quickest solution I could think of is to make groups which contain 1,000
>names and not more (so currently you would have 2 groups, 1 with 1,000
>and one with 300) and then send the identical message to each group.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Ken

End of powermail-discuss Digest