powermail-discuss Digest #2627 - Monday, May 7, 2007

  PowerMail and IMAP
          by "Curtis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: PowerMail and IMAP
          by "CTM info" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Automatic signature in new mails
          by "Christoph Pohl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: Automatic signature in new mails
          by "marco osti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: Automatic signature in new mails
          by "Karsten Liere" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: PowerMail and IMAP
          by "Matthias Schmidt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: PowerMail and IMAP
          by "Sean McBride" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: PowerMail and IMAP
          by "Wayne Brissette" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Re: PowerMail and IMAP
          by "Curtis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: PowerMail and IMAP
From: "Curtis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 18:16:03 -0500

Hi,

Just been trying the latest PowerMail version i.e., v5.5.3.

I am evaluating it for use with an IMAP account.  It connected to the
IMAP server and retrieved the folder list just fine.  I'm also able to
browse messages.  However, I am unable to do the following and
wondering if these are indeed limitations or am I missing something:

- IMAP folder counts for new messages do not show up.  Folders
containing new messages simply show up emboldened.

- I cannot filter to IMAP folders since only local folders appear in
the target folder list for the action to move messages.

- It would seem that only the Inbox is checked for new messages.

--
-=Curtis=-

"And the only thing the Borg left was this Macintosh..."

Yes, there are indeed limitations. We position PowerMail as a full-blown
POP3 e-mail client with high speed indexing, but with lightweight IMAP
support i.e. for occasional use. The limitations you see are those of
our design goals.

Cheers,

jean michel/ctm qa