powermail-discuss Digest #2826 - Saturday, April 26, 2008

  Re: Indexing--doesn't work for Southwest Airlines confirmations?
          by "PowerMail Engineering" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Indexing--doesn't work for Southwest Airlines confirmations?
From: "PowerMail Engineering" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 23:15:13 +0200

Mark Gerber wrote:

>From what you wrote, I gather that Apple's WebKit occasionally causes
>crashes and *enabling* Powermail's HTML reader will prevent that from
>happening.
>
>The quote from the manual suggests that *disabling* the HTML reader will
>prevent crashes caused by Apple's HTML Rendering Library (is this WebKit?).
>
>I'm confused. Am I reading one of these wrong?

The HTMLRendering library, which we were using in some previous
PowerMail version, was quite unstable, thus this quote in the manual. We
now use WebKit, which is both more stable and provides a more accurate
display (although some glitches exist when it is used in a Carbon
application like PM).
However, the HTML to text conversion facility we use is also a bit
unstable (maybe this have improved in recent Mac OS X versions?). This
facility uses WebKit, but I don't think WebKit is the cause of the
instability, thus the suggestion to enable HTML display when an HTML
message causes a crash when displayed in plain text.

Jérôme - CTM Engineering

   "I use PM from years and I can say it is the best mail client. It has
    its roots in EMailer and is fantastic."
  PowerMail user comment on www.versiontracker.com

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com

End of powermail-discuss Digest