Hello,

I confirm: a Message Database index file can indeed be deleted as it
gets reconstructed by PowerMail on request and should not result in an
incomplete search index if properly reconstructed, i.e. by requesting so
in the PowerMail first aid dialog.

The reason you might have had an incomplete index in the past might have
been for having deleted it manually without the application flagging
messages as unindexed in the database; by updating the index in the
menu, you were most likely only indexing those messages only that
PowerMail's message database had marked as unindexed; hence the
operation in the PowerMail First Aid dialog which is more thorough as it
declares all messages as unindexed before reindexing all.

Kind regards,

jean michel / ctm qa